Archaeology and record research
To make a valuable contribution to the objectives of the Kring Vrienden van ‘s-Hertogenbosch by stimulating and concentrating the attention for and the study of all topics of archaeological importance. This includes the preservation of the so-called soil archive of ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the research of archaeological discoveries and records, but also the dissemination of the acquired knowledge.
Method / Activities
The working group realizes these objectives by:
Excavation corner Hinthamerstraat – Mgr. Prinsenstraat
• pointing out soil disturbances, archaeological finds and unforeseen environmental developments;
• promoting the importance of maintaining archaeological finds and acquiring knowledge about archaeology;
• critically following, participating in and doing archaeological research;
• making the conservation and management of archaeological monuments visible and participating in it;
• in-depth record research with respect to the cultural heritage of our city, primarily in relation to previous activities;
• presenting and publishing about this.