To record and explain geographical names in and around the city of ‘s-Hertogenbosch. We are investigating and searching for indications of neighbourhoods, districts, streets, fields, etc. through the ages.
• Making an inventory: which names are there?
• Locating: which place do they identify?
• Dating: since when are they known?
• Explaining: what do they mean and why are they called like this?
• Record research for inventory, location and dating.
• Literature research for explanations.
• Setting up a documentation system (database).
• Publishing and presenting results.
• Maintaining contacts with other working groups.